Scholarships & Endowments
Endowing a Fund at CSI
Knowledge is power. Education allows individuals to develop important life skills, find better-paying jobs, and eventually give back to their local communities. Idaho continually has one of the lowest per-pupil spending rates in the nation, and financial struggles remain the biggest barrier blocking Idahoans from pursuing higher education.
Without access to additional resources, higher education will remain inaccessible for students in Idaho.
How to Establish a Scholarship
Scholarship Greatest Needs
New Hope Scholarship
Emergency Hardship Scholarship
Student Development Fund
Frequently Asked Questions: Scholarships & Funds
There are two types of scholarships at the College of Southern Idaho Foundation:
- Annual Scholarship/Donor Restricted
- No minimum amount for an annual scholarship. The scholarship can be funded on a yearly basis or can be a one-time scholarship.
- Endowed Scholarship
- A minimum of $10,000 to establish an endowed scholarship. Scholarships are awarded based upon 5% of the 3-year moving average of the market value as of December 31 of each year. New endowments must be a part of the consolidated investment pool for at least 18 months prior to making a distribution. The donor can make an additional annual scholarship donation during the 18-month time period.
Beginning July 1, 2023, the CSI Foundation will begin to utilize administrative fees to cover general operating costs for gift establishment, receipt of assets and contributions, and fund administration. The information below provides important information about how fees will apply to different funds.
- In general, a 3% administrative fee will apply to all non-endowed fund donations received by the CSI Foundation.
- The endowment gift fee will equal half a percentage point (.5%) annually. The gift fee will be calculated based on endowment fund unitized market value of the long-term pooled endowment investment portfolio at the end of the quarter.
For endowed funds established after July 1, 2023 the gift fee will not be distributed until the endowed fund has participated in the long-term pooled investment portfolio for four (4) quarters.
The fees will not apply in the following circumstances:
- The gift fee will not be assessed for established endowed funds pursuant to the gift instrument (dated prior to July 1, 2023) not permitting the assessment of such fees.
- Gifts made to support CSI Foundation operations